As part of Life Education Trust, The Bridge is an Independent School providing education for Secondary Students, who are unable to access mainstream school due to their medical or mental health issues.
For students attending a Havering School or residing in the London Borough of Havering, referrals should be made via Havering Local Authority through their Inclusion Gateway Process to the AP and Admissions Team. All referrals must be accompanied by robust medical evidence from medical Consultants and/or CAMHS.
The Bridge also accepts students from outside of the Local Authority, admission via this route will be at the discretion of the Head of School and Life Education Trust, and subject to medical evidence and funding which will be provided by the referrer.
Following the decision of The Bridge and/or the Local Authority to accept the referral the Head of School will make contact with the parents, referring school and the professionals, with the view to integrating the student to The Bridge. Guided by the medical evidence and advice from CAMHS, which will form the basis of the students’ proposed timetable and number of timetabled hours.
What The Bridge can do for students:
- Our aim for all KS3 Pupils is to reintegrate back to mainstream school
- KS4 Students will have the opportunity to continue their education at The Bridge
- Students will remain on roll at their referring school
- Year 11 Students who have been educated at The Bridge in the previous year have the opportunity to transfer school to The Bridge
- KS4 Students have the opportunity to sit their exams at The Bridge